We seek inquisitive and broad practices that are new, innovative and free from commercial nature by solo, duo, collaborating artists and curators. The Director and Trust will prioritise proposals of a high quality that focus on the development of experimental artistic practice and relate, add to and deepen the perspectives on local, national and global conversations.
The Trust aims to present original exhibitions that responds and works in harmony with the Blue Oyster space, locale and history. To read and understand more about the Trust's mission and goals visit our About Page online.
- Only emailed proposals in a single PDF with your name as the file name will be accepted. For more information on how to make a PDF, click here.
- Keep your proposal clear, succinct and specific as possible.
- Please refrain from submitting a proposal sent to another gallery or organisation. Proposals for exhibitions already exhibited will not be considered.
- As there are limited places available in the programme, we aren't able to accommodate all proposals submitted, but are happy to provide feedback on the applicant's request.
- All proposals must be submitted by the closing deadline. Any proposals submitted after this time will not be considered.
Further Information For Applicants:
- By the closing date you will receive an email confirming we have received your proposal.
- You will be notified regarding the success of your proposal
- If your proposal is successful you will be reimbursed with a modest fee to assist with production, materials and transport. Blue Oyster also assists with install, deinstall, promotion, equipment and tools. If you live outside of Dunedin, you will be required to organise your own airfares and accomodation as well as extra freight costs.
- Exhibitors are required to sign an artist agreement, set achievable goals and expectations for the project with the Director as well as complete a survey after the exhibition to assist the Blue Oyster in its continued support of artists and practitioners.
Blue Oyster is currently not accepting proposals.
Please check our website later in the year for the following proposal calls:
- 2018 Exhibition Programme
Your Application Must Include:
- A 500 word written outline of your proposed project and how it fits into your current practice. Outlines that are self-aware, critical, well-researched and clearly written will be prioritised.
- 4-5 Examples of your previous work, written, photographic, audio and video documentation encouraged in links to websites.
- 1 page artist CV with bio that explains your professional background and experience.
- You are not required to send illustrated floor plans, please only use the floor plans and sketch up file to write and inform your proposal.